[opencms-dev] How to register a new Resource Type?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Jun 20 09:07:43 CEST 2006

Vitor Varalonga schrieb:
> Hi!
>

> I found out the following URL regarding new Resource Type creation:
>
> http://www.opencms-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=625
>
> As you may see by reading through the thread on the abovementioned
> URL, on a primary approach, besides creating a XSD schema, you have to
> edit the file opencms-modules.xml.
> But on a following post, the approach is quite different since the
> files opencms-vfs.xml
> and opencms-workplace.xml are edited instead of opencms-modules.xml.
> Does each one of these approaches correspond to a distinct goal or
> might one
> (or both) of them be incomplete or wrong?
>

> kind regards,
> --
> Vítor Varalonga
> CIBERBIT - Produções de Software S.A.
Hi,

you should use opencms-modules.xml
In this file you can enter both the filesystem information as well as
the workplace-related information for your new resource type.

opencms-vfs.xml and opencms-workplace.xml *could* be used to do the
same, but you *should* better use opencms-modules.xml, because
opencms-modules.xml is meant for extensions and the other two are meant
for system-related stuff.

Only, if you define your files-modules.xml, will they be exported
together with your module, as soon as you try to export it into a zip file.

hth
christian