[opencms-dev] Transfer OpenCms from one server to another

Achim Fischer achim at afisys.de
Wed Jun 21 13:01:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

I want to transfer my complete OpenCms 6.2.1-environment to a new server.

The idea was:

- export the DB on the "old" server (Oracle 10 XE)
- go to ./webapps/opencms and create a big opencms.war with everything
in there

- import the DB on the "new" server (Oracle 9)
- drop the created opencms.war in the ./webapps-directory and restart tomcat

So far so good.

I can log into the "new" OpenCms-backend and everything looks good.

It looks good but it doesn't work. :-(

I cannot open files, edit files, publish files,... lot's of different
errors.

What am I doing wrong?

What is the recommended way to do this transfer?

Regards

Achim