[opencms-dev] Update from 6.0.4 to 6.2.1

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Jun 23 11:03:39 CEST 2006

Andreas Heinecke schrieb:

> Hi there,
>
> I've tried to make an update from OpenCMS 6.0.4 to 6.2.1. Therefore I
> download the zip file for the update, not the full installation.
> I followed the tips in readme.txt, but as I tried to start the update
> with http://myurl.tld:8081/opencms/update a error message appeared with
> says that OpenCMS wasn't started correctly.
> Nothing else, no more details. Nor the logfiles of the tomcat report an
> error either.
>
> I'm confused.
> Does anyone encountered this before?
>
> best regards

You have to
- shut down the opencms web app
- backup your webapp and database
- unzip the downloaded zip file over the files in your opencms web
application folder
- change the file
    <opencms-webapp>/WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties
and set
    wizard.enabled=true

- restart the opencms web app
- call the update

If you get errors, check the opencms log

hth
christian