[opencms-dev] Chrooting a user

Sami Honkonen sami.honkonen at ri.fi
Mon Jun 26 08:54:57 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 14:45 +0200, Claus Priisholm wrote:
> I think the point is that you should not explicitly deny the access as
> that takes precedence, rather you remove the rights by unchecking them
> in the allow column and otherwise do as you describe. Then you can grant
> permissions to the ones that do not have a specific permission. This is
> different from explicitly denying a permission which you cannot override
> once denied.

You are correct. It isn't exactly the most logical way of doing things
and the OpenCms developers might want to think about changing it to
reflect the UNIX way. The inconsistency makes the permission system
rather hard to understand. Mostly the permissions work in a rather
similar fashion than in UNIX, but then there's minor differences that
are undocumented.

Anyway, thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

--
Sami Honkonen
Reaktor Innovations Oy
sami.honkonen at ri.fi