[opencms-dev] Re: 301 redirect and google

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio.uni-oldenburg.de
Mon Jun 26 08:55:07 CEST 2006

Hello,

> I have a web with this index page:
>
> http://www.aaa.com/opencms/opencms/siteA/index.html
>
> SO i did a 301 permanent redirect from
> http://www.aaa.com/
> --> http://www.aaa.com/opencms/opencms/siteA/index.html
>

> Does it affect my pagerank ?
>
> How could I improve it ?

the biggest problem is the directory structure, the shorter the
better, a main page ranks better than a page within deeper
structure. I guess there are solutions for getting rid of the
"/opencms/opencms", a short Google gave this:

http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q4/008309.html

Maybe others know a better how-to. (We have ours in a local Wiki,
and I don't want to translate from German without need.)

Better you get rid of the /siteA/ as well, then no more 301 is
needed.

Regards,
Thorsten