Re: [opencms-dev] Problems with Installation of OpenCms6 into linux

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Jun 26 16:33:32 CEST 2006

Hi MAria,

you have downloaded the wrong version of tomcat.

You need to download the binary version. Your version just contains the un-compiled Java code of tomcat. That must be the reason, why the startup script cannot find the tomcat classes.

Check the tomcat homepage - there must be a precompiled "binary" distribution as well.

___

You also asked, why JRE_HOME is used. I don't know, but this should be no problem. Earlier versions needed the full Java development kit, but Tomcat 5.5 can also run with only the Java 1.5 runtime environment. So If tomcat just finds the runtime environment, that still should not create any trouble and until it does, you should not waste time on this.

hope that helps
Christian