[opencms-dev] .asp login page

Mr Alireza Fattahi afattahi at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 18:23:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

It may work like this:
Write your own login page, validate the user, after you find that the user is valid, redirect user to the servlet and pass username and password parameters in your request.
Take a look at login_element.jsp at opencms\WEB-INF\jsp\online\system\modules\org.opencms.welcome\elements

There is a <form> there which takes user name and password and pass it to the <%= cms.getFormLink() %>, so you should do it with your asp and pass the parameters as
theloginservelt?username=aaa&password=bbb

Of course you must consider the integrity of users that is checked in your asp page and opencms users.

Regards,
Alireza Fattahi

Seth Foss <seth.foss at lat-inc.net> wrote:     I want to replace  the OpenCMS login page with a customized one that is a VB asp file. How do I go  about this? I can't find the source of that login page in the real or virtual  file system.

 I did try to replace  the default welcome page at opencms/opencms/index.jsp with my new page, because  that also has a login option, but opencms wouldn't read the asp file. I tried  once with it saved with a jsp extension, and a second time with the correct asp  extension.

 Thanks,
 Seth