[opencms-dev] Bad performances problem with queries in the database

m.lambin at crelan.be m.lambin at crelan.be
Wed Jun 28 14:12:01 CEST 2006

We use Opencms for an intranet site of 10000 pages. We think that 100
concurrent users should use the site. We configured the flexcache
properties on the template files. We made stress test with JMeter. The
response time and the success rate are not good. We use an Oracle database
and try with a MySql too. The results remain the same. It's impossible for
about 20 concurrent users to get a good response time.
We find that Opencms make about 60 Queries for each page with the
templateone. With an empty template, opencms make 8 queries in the
database.
For the same page, opencms make these queries for every call, why doesn't
opencms use the cache?

Opencms make an access to the DB to get the language, one for the charset
encoding, ...
Is there a solution to prevent that?

Thanks in advance..

This email and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged.If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this email.Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore is in no way liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message, which may arise as a result of email transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard copy.
Please bear in mind that the content of any email leaving and entering the recipient network
will be verified against viruses, spam and unsuitable content in accordance with the recipient
policies and regulations.  Halted messages will therefore be destroyed without any further
notice.