Re: [opencms-dev] opencmsuser into opencms.properties when finish the OpenCms installation

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Jun 28 16:19:39 CEST 2006

Hi MArtina,

the idea is to create a database user with lower privileges. This user should only have permissions for your opencms database and not for the whole database server.
(look at the GRANT statement in the mysql documentation
  it should be sth. like
    grant all privileges on opencms.* to opecmsdbuser identified by "somepassword"

After creating such a user, you should shutdown opencms and set that user account in your opencms.properties file. For example:

db.pool.default.user=opencmsdbuser
db.pool.default.password=somepassword

Also, you should change your DB root password and if you use the password elsewhere you should change it there, too!
It was NOT a good idea that you sent your database password out to the mailing list!!!

christian