[opencms-dev] Custom Properties dialog not working

Tomáš Adámek tomas.adamek at qbizm.cz
Fri Jun 30 09:18:47 CEST 2006

Hey, I played with this on OpenCms 6.0.2 rls time ago, so maybe it works
little different on new rlses, but - the only way, how could I make the
another custom dialog to show, was:

create my_custom_dialog_clss extends
org.opencms.frontend.templateone.CmsPropertyTemplateOne, and in this
class is some method for checkin, if the  dialog should be showed or
not, and if not i called super for parent template1 method. Dont forget
to replace "old template one method" from config file and add there your
own.

I dont know if this acces is fine, but it works for me, and as I
remebered, I had same problems as u have now, and after all tests I
solved it like this.

jack at futaz.co.za napsal(a):
> Hi All
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to add an additional custom
> properties dialog similar to the properties dialog for TemplateOne, but
> still keeping the dialog page of TemplateOne.
>
> I have created a new module with a template and some java classes (which
> are a modification of the TemplateOne classes including a
> CmsPropertyTemplateTwo class). I also copied the
> ‘properties.jsp’ file in the dialog file in TemplateOne module
> into my module. I then added the following to the
> ‘opencms-workplace.xml’ file:
>
>     <dialoghandlers>
>       <dialoghandler class="org.opencms.workplace.commons.CmsDelete"/>
>       <dialoghandler class="org.opencms.workplace.commons.CmsLock"/>
>       <dialoghandler
> class="org.opencms.frontend.templateone.CmsPropertyTemplateOne"/>
>       <dialoghandler
> class="com.MyOrganization.MySite.CmsPropertyTemplateTwo"/>
>     </dialoghandlers>
>

> I then set the ‘template’ property of my new site
> (/sites/mysite/) to point to the new module and template (eg.
> /system/modules/com.MyOrganization.MySite/templates/default/ ). So after a
> restart I see the nice new custom properties page for MySite files and
> folders, but now the TemplateOne properties no longer displays.
>
> Then as a test I swapped the <dialoghandler /> elements in the xml file as
> follows:
>
>     <dialoghandlers>
>       <dialoghandler class="org.opencms.workplace.commons.CmsDelete"/>
>       <dialoghandler class="org.opencms.workplace.commons.CmsLock"/>
>       <dialoghandler
> class="com.MyOrganization.MySite.CmsPropertyTemplateTwo"/>
>       <dialoghandler
> class="org.opencms.frontend.templateone.CmsPropertyTemplateOne"/>
>     </dialoghandlers>
>

> And now the TemplateOne properties dialog works again but the new one
> doesn’t work anymore. Is there something I’m missing or is it
> not possible to have more than one custom properties dialog?
>
> Regards,
> jack

Tomas Adamek                                Qbizm technologies, a.s.
analyst-developer                           ... the art of software.