[opencms-dev] argh! Unable to view contents of a single folder in the workspace...

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Jun 30 15:30:52 CEST 2006

Nigel Kersten schrieb:
> I don't know what happened, but I've got this one folder that I can't
> see the contents of in the workplace.
>
> Everything else is working fine, but I just get a blank screen when I
> view this folder.
> If I touch it (including sub-folders) and publish it, the correct file
> listing appears as being published.
>
> I still can't see the contents however.  The relevant files all
> continue to work correctly in both the online and off-line sites
> though...
>
> I've even used the VFS Doctor from the OCEE package and it's not
> picking up any problems. :(
>
> Suggestions other than trashing the folder and re-creating the content?

Could it be that a resource type is used, that is not known anymore by
the system?

check the source code of the window, where the files should be listed
and where you see "nothing".
Compare the javascript code with the code of a folder view where you see
someting.

You might also want to export the files.
There are several ways for this
- synchronize the folder down with the synchronization tool (I think you
can configure that in the "Workplace Tools" section of the opencms Admin
view)
- OR: export the whole database with the database tools
- OR: export the whol database or part of it with the Cms shell

After that you can look into the metadata file that has been exported in
any of these ways.

Maybe this will give you some clue.

hth
christian