[opencms-dev] short tip for developmnent (avoid manual switching of site root)

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Jun 30 21:33:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

I don't know if you have this problem, but if you develop a module and
also want to test your website with it, you often have to:
- switch the site root in opencms explorer to /  and go to the modules
folder to edit something
- switch back to /sites/default and check what it looks like

Well - you don't really have to. You can use the server name to connect
to opencms (e.g. localhost:8080/opencms/opencms) and a different name or
the ip address (e.g. 127.0.0.1/opencms/openems)  for connecting if you
want to preview something. Like this you can be logged in twice with
just 1 browser. (In addition to that I use a simple frontend login for
viewing the site, so that I see the offline content without having to go
into the workplace to be able to check how the site is affected by my
changed JSPs).

maybe that's helpful for someone
c.