[opencms-dev] Custom 404 pages on a per-site basis...

Corsin Camichel cocaman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 11:12:55 CEST 2006

Hello Nigel

All you can do (as what I have found out) is create 1 404 page in
/JAKARTA/webapps/ROOT/ and inside the 404 page a switch between the
different sites.
If you come up with any other solution, I would love to hear that from you.

Code:
String serverHost = request.getServerName();

if(serverHost.equals("HOST1")) {    // like www.unsw.edu.au
    // code 1
} else if (serverHost.equals("HOST2")) {    // like cofa.unsw.edu.au
    // code 2
} ...

Best wisches and regards
Corsin Camichel

On 7/3/06, Nigel Kersten <nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> I'm wondering how we can actually define our 404 pages to be within
> the site itself? or at least on a per-site basis, rather than having
> one global 404 page for the entire OpenCMS server.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible without writing conditional code
> within the same page?
>
> --
> Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
> College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.
> CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G

Corsin Camichel
cocaman at gmail.com