[opencms-dev] Publish method, submit method

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Jul 6 09:13:37 CEST 2006

Rajesh Pant (R) schrieb:
> Dear all,
>

> When multiple users publish a project in opencms then first user's
> project is submitted and others have to wait. The process is
> synchronized, is there any solution to solve this problem.
>

> thanks

> Rajesh Pant

Dear Rajesh,

I don't think that this behavior can be changed easily. Parallel exports
would create trouble.

The only thing that might be done is to do all the publish work in
background by writing an own exporthandler that
- takes each export request into a queue
- starts exporting in a different thread
- gives control back to users immediately although the export(s) is/are
still running in the background

the downside of this would be that the user doesn't see the messages
from the export task anymore - the advantage would be that nobody has to
wait for exports to finish.

I had played around with this a while ago, but it doesn't work yet. If I
ever get it to work I'll post the code, but it might take a while until
I find the time to try.

Christian