[opencms-dev] directory/file view of VFS

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Jul 7 20:13:40 CEST 2006

Hi Christoph,

> When opening a directory of the physical FS on a webserver
> that is allowed to be viewed and doesn't contain an index.html
> one normally gets an index list with all the files an folders
> in it like in
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org (only that ftp: ist the url).
>
> Is there such a facility in OpenCms, so that I can get a view of a
> part of the VFS-tree?

not as far as I know.

I don't know if in the meantime folders have been integrated into the
launcher mechanism. If so, you could maybe implement an own launcher
class for folders and hook it into the configuration.
(In opencms5 this was not possible for folders, but since then
everything has been completely rewritten, so maybe it's possible now).
But this would probably lots of work

____

The other and easier idea is to just use a JSP that creates a listing
for a given folder. You redirect your users to
/list.jsp?path=/path/for/current/user/

list.jsp can then evaluate the URL parameter and list whatever is
contained in that folder. That should not be too dificult.

If the current user is not allowed to read the given folder, then it the
listing will not work (which is good), because all file operations are
always permission-checked against the current user.

hth
christian