[opencms-dev] Problem with release date

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Sat Jul 8 13:41:57 CEST 2006

There are a couple of things that may cause this.

First is to make sure that your flex cache is not the culprit. The thing
to remember is that when the release date is reached no particular event
is fired, and in particular no publish takes place hence the flex cache
is not flushed.

Secondly at least 6.0.x have an internal file cache which may bite you.
I've seen that happen with a collector that was supposed to show the
latest news items, but did not - even when it was not flex cached.

What I ended up doing was to combine a reasonable flex cache timeout
with the firing of the clear caches event in my collection code (see
http://www.codedroids.com/javadocs/opencms/build_6_2_1/docs/api/org/opencms/main/I_CmsEventListener.html
for details)

lk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to enter a news today but I want it will be available online in
> the future.
>
> I followed that steps:
>
> 1. Entered the news
> 2. Set the release date in the future
> 3. Saved the news (the news is showed in Italic)
> 4. Published the project
> 5. In the online and offline sites the news doesn't appear
> 6. When the release date is passed the news appears in the offline
> project, NOT in the online projet. WHY????
> 7. If I publish the project after the release date, that news is
> available also online.
>
> Any advice?
>
> LuKe
>

> --
> Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: http://www.email.it/f
>
> Sponsor:
> Crea il tuo sito web dinamico con PHP e MySQL - VideoCorso professionale
> direttamente nel tuo computer. Trucchi e segreti
> Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5142&d=8-7

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com