[opencms-dev] Problem with release date

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Sat Jul 8 14:26:41 CEST 2006

On the jsp-snippet that creates the list, set the cache property to
"timeout=60" (or whatever is appropriate - the value is given in minutes).
The OpenCms documentation has a section on the flex cache, you probably
want to familiarize yourself with the flex cache before going into
production with a site, especially when you are dealing with fairly
expensive, repeated task as far as dynamic contents goes, i.e. like
building a news list.

lk wrote:
> Claus Priisholm wrote:
>> There are a couple of things that may cause this.
>>
>> First is to make sure that your flex cache is not the culprit. The
>> thing to remember is that when the release date is reached no
>> particular event is fired, and in particular no publish takes place
>> hence the flex cache is not flushed.
>>
>> Secondly at least 6.0.x have an internal file cache which may bite
>> you. I've seen that happen with a collector that was supposed to show
>> the latest news items, but did not - even when it was not flex cached.
>>
>> What I ended up doing was to combine a reasonable flex cache timeout
>> with the firing of the clear caches event in my collection code (see
>> http://www.codedroids.com/javadocs/opencms/build_6_2_1/docs/api/org/opencms/main/I_CmsEventListener.html
>> for details)
>>

> Hi Claus,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> Can you tell me where I can change the flex cache timeout value.
>
> Thanks
>
> LuKe
>

> --
> Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: http://www.email.it/f
>
> Sponsor:
> FENOMENALE! Da oggi puoi lavorare nel mondo della telefonia,
> incrementando i tuoi guadagni. Scopri tutti i vantaggi dell'offerta
> Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5386&d=8-7

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com