[opencms-dev] Create new XML Content

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Jul 8 17:00:46 CEST 2006

Andreas Heinecke schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I've a simple question. How do I get my xml content (I made a xsd) into
> the "create new" dialogue, like the templateone with new -> structured
> xml content -> news (or event, faq etc)?
>
> kind regards,
>
> Andreas

You add it to your module settings in opencms-modules.xml
If you have an installation with template one installed, then
opencms-modules.xml should contain lots of examples.

A restype config contains of sections: a workplace related section where
the config menu is specified and a resource type-related section where
the technical properties of the resource type are set (for example the
schema and the resource type's default properties.

If you look at the samples it should not be so problematic. However
there seems to be a problem with specifying your own texts for the
context menu, (if you want to do  that...)

hth
christian