[opencms-dev] Custom 404 page: How to log the original request?

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jul 10 00:11:45 CEST 2006

I know I could come up with a custom way of doing this, but at the
moment I've got a custom 404 page, but the problem is that when I go
and view my web stats, all I see under 404 pages is "/errors/
404.html", which is my custom page, rather than the originally
requested page.

Perhaps I could patch awstats to show /errors/404.html?request=/some/
missing/page.html, as that's how my 404s get constructed, but I have
this feeling that I'm thinking about this the wrong way...

I thought I could use CmsJspStatusBean, but then I realised that
setErrorCodeMessage() is a protected method...

Suggestions?

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.