[opencms-dev] uploaded files storage: fs or vfs?

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 22:27:01 CEST 2006

Real files pros: very easy to implement, fast.

Real file cons: no direct support for file ownership (the files will
all be owned by the JVM user).  You will need to backup these files as
well as your database for a complete backup.

VFS pros: supports file properties, user model. Only your database
needs to be backed up.

VFS cons: slow(er). More difficult to implement.

Joe.