[opencms-dev] uploaded files storage: fs or vfs?

Patricio Keilty patricio.keilty at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 23:00:10 CEST 2006

2006/7/10, Joe Desbonnet <jdesbonnet at gmail.com>:

> Real files pros: very easy to implement, fast.
>
> Real file cons: no direct support for file ownership (the files will
> all be owned by the JVM user).  You will need to backup these files as
> well as your database for a complete backup.

True.

VFS pros: supports file properties, user model. Only your database
> needs to be backed up.

You made me realized I DO need to use file metadata, so this is the only
option to me.

VFS cons: slow(er). More difficult to implement.

So, i guess my file upload processing page should login with an appropiate
user, then create the vfs file, write to it, publish the folder , and
logout.....

Joe.

Thanks for your  pros & cons points! were very helpfull indeed!

Patricio.