[opencms-dev] AA Use Pluto instead of Tomcat and you can also deliver JSR168 Portlets from your server

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Thu Jul 13 08:22:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

>I replaced Tomcat with Pluto (yes Apache Pluto)
>Pluto is a modified version of Tomcat that supports a JSR168 Portal
>server
>So now I have OpenCms and JSR168 Portlets being delivered from the same
>server

well, hehe, the pluto container itself is nothing more than a
specialized servlet .. which works like a wrapper for portlets.
And the current distribution is just a tomcat with an installed Pluto
webapp ... nothing more, nothiing left.
You can now run portlets and OpenCms together, but OpenCms itself is not
JSR168 compatible ... so there is no overvalue at all ..

just my 2 cents

Regards

Achim