[opencms-dev] Start with sites from user preferences

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jul 13 15:51:59 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 03:01:56PM +0200, maria.freixes_graells at alcatel.es wrote:
> Hello!!!
>
> Anyone knows how to add a new site into "user preferences" menu?
> When I edit the "user preferences" only two sites appears for the menu
> "Start with site:". These two are:  /sites/default   and   /.
> But I want to add /sites/default/prova.
> Is it possible?

Maria,

you have to add a folder in /sites (I would recommend to do it
parallel to /sites/default, so it becomes /sites/prova).

Then you have to edit
WEB-INF/config /opencms-system.xml and add your site in a site entry.
Kind like this:
Stop Tomcat
<sites>
         <workplace-server>http://cms.prova.es</workplace-server>
         <default-uri>/sites/prova/</default-uri>
         <site server="http://cms.prova.es" uri="/sites/default/"/>
         <site server="http://test.prova.es" uri="/sites/prova/">
              <alias server="http://test.prova.com"/>
         </site>
</sites>
Start Tomcat

The alias is just a suggestion if you have the same site under another
domain.