[opencms-dev] Properties: Template * login

Pavel Peringer pavel.peringer at qbizm.cz
Fri Jul 14 10:23:33 CEST 2006

Hello

Asterix marks this field - page element part - as mandatory.

"Documentation" source code of:
org.opencms.workplace.editors.CmsDialogElements.computeElements (static
variant)

There is also way how set "nice name" for element, but it works only
from "template-element" property set on template.

Example:
templates/my-template.jsp - property: "template-element" 1|X,2|A
default_bodies/my-body - content definition: element name="1"
enabled=true, element name="2" enabled=""true

Method first reads content definition (default_bodies), exclude not
enabled part a then reads property template-elements a tries to merge
them with enabled elements, so elements definition must be "duplicated".
When you create new xmlpage, in selector you see X, A part, because the
sorting is made by first part. Element separator is ",". Nice name and
element name separator is "|".

I did not test it so long, so maybe this could be your start point to
explore.

HTH

Pavel Peringer

>What does the asterisk (*) mean when one opens the property
>dialog and in the Template field is shown that * login
>(the template path is
>
>/system/modules/org.myorg.frontend/pages/login.jsp (named login).
>
>When I look at properties of pages that have a template
>from
>/system/modules/org.myorg.frontend/templates/mymain.jsp
>
>this asterisk is not prepended.
>
>Just wondering what it means (and where is that documented?)
>
>Thanks.
>--
>Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies (at) rwth-aachen.de

Pavel Peringer                              Qbizm technologies, a.s.
programator                                 ... the art of software.