[opencms-dev] Serving WML and XHTML with WALL tag library

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Jul 14 14:14:06 CEST 2006

Michael Kraus schrieb:
>> I think you sadly have to edit the file mimetypes.properties which is
>> inside opencms.jar and associate your file extension with the mime type
>> you like.
>
> Unfortunately, that's not possible: using WURFL/WALL, a single request
> can return either WML or XHTML, depending on the user agent. Normally,
> the wall:document tag automatically sets the MIME type according to the
> user agent, but within OpenCms, response.setContentType has no effect.
> That's why I tried to set the content type (again) manually, but without
> success.
>
> Has anyone experience setting the response's MIME type manually within
> OpenCms?
>
> Regards,
>     Michael

Dear Michael,

if nothing at all works, you could have two scripts, each with that
right extension that creates either WMP or XHTML for a page, the page
being specified by a URL parameter.

Then you could do a redirect between these two content generation
scripts, if the user agent does not support the requested format.

Ugly, but if nothing else is successful, then this should at least work.

c.