[opencms-dev] upgrade wizard - did I hose my system?

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jul 14 18:40:14 CEST 2006

Instead of applying a patch to OpenCms 6.0.4 I thought I'd better upgrade
to 6.2.1 and downloaded the upgarde wizard zip file.

Unfortunately I goofed right in the beginning since I unzipped the file
into the webapp directory *before* stopping tomcat5.

Well, I noticed that and before doing anything else I did a
net stop tomcat5 (it's windows).

I have installed OpenCms as ROOT app and have the proxy stuff enabled to
get rid of the opencms prefix.

Are these circumstances possibly killers for a smooth update?

I set wizard.enabled=true and
get

HTTP Status 500
OpenCms is not properly initialized!
Please make sure that the OpenCms setup wizard has been run once and is disabled now.

when pointing  to http://cms.mysite.de:8080/opencms/update/