[opencms-dev] Multilingual sites - Browser's AcceptedLanguages

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Jul 17 12:30:28 CEST 2006

> > Ok, we will see what I figure out when I look deeper into this. Thanks!
> >
> > /Peter

Just to be precise here: There is no need to use *siblings* for i18n.
But currently you need to have an individual resource header per
language, because each language needs its own "carrier" for the file's
properties. So technically, you don't need siblings, but you need either
siblings or replicas or some self-invented mechanism to store the file
properties for each language of a given page.

And - yes, what you do is very similar to what I do. I have individual
files for each language under
  /sites/default/de/foo/bar.html
  /sites/default/en/foo/bar.html
and so on. These files are not siblings of each other but just
independent pages. Only my templates and the Java code behind them knows
that they have some relation. Opencms doesn't. I don't work with the
__locale paramerter at all - as long as properties cannot be properly
translated, I don't see much use in using it.

Regards
Christian