[opencms-dev] Problem in using module

vikas gupta vikas.gupta at daffodildb.com
Tue Jul 18 15:04:18 CEST 2006

Hi list,

  I am trying to execute templates in demo modules. But there are errors in
that. I have just installed opencms. Trace of exception is:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java.lang.StringBuffer.insert(ILjava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/StringBuf
fer;
	at
org.opencms.frontend.templateone.CmsTemplateNavigation.getMenuNavigation(Cms
TemplateNavigation.java:985)
	at
org.opencms.frontend.templateone.CmsTemplateNavigation.buildNavigationHeadMe
nus(CmsTemplateNavigation.java:550)
	at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.offline.system.modules.org_opencms_frontend_t
emplateone.elements.nav_005fhead_005fmenus_jsp._jspService(nav_005fhead_005f
menus_jsp.java:51)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
11)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at
FilterChain.java:284)
	at
ain.java:204)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:750)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:636)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:546)

I also want to know how to configure a module. I have created a module but
no jsp page is executing in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks