[opencms-dev] one content - various presentations

cfn at kb.dk cfn at kb.dk
Wed Jul 19 13:38:17 CEST 2006

opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org wrote on 19-07-2006 13:14:48:

> Your method works fine, but it's a bit manual for our purposes. If I
> understood well, It requires to create manually the sibling content
> and modify its template every time you create a new content.

Yes - it is manual.

> I was looking for something more automatic, i.e., if a user creates
> a new content (with template 1 associated), it should be created the
> sibling content (with template 2 associated) in a automatic way.
>
> Do you know how to do it?

AFAIK that would require some programming - I guess you could set up
an eventlistener to do it when a new piece of content is created/published
or whatever - or create some code which you set up to run as a sceduled
job with a suitable interval.

Please note that I am just a raw OpenCms newbie who has read some
documentation
so I may be wrong. I have not actually experimented with this.

Cheers,

Carl