[opencms-dev] problem in step6 while installing opencms

Vikas Jain vikas.jain at daffodildb.com
Mon Jul 24 16:33:25 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I am installing opencms with eclipse.

When I run the setup then upto step5 it works fine but on step6 there is no
module to be selected.Then I click on continue and in last click on finish
then the browser shows the following error::-(url:::
http://localhost:8080/OpenCMS/opencms/index.jsp)

HTTP Status 500 -

  _____

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.opencms.main.CmsInitException: Critical error during OpenCms
initialization: Unable to read the OpenCms XML configuration.
        org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.getInstance(OpenCmsCore.java:268)
        org.opencms.main.OpenCmsServlet.doGet(OpenCmsServlet.java:127)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Tomcat logs.

  _____

Apache Tomcat/5.0.19

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards