[opencms-dev] Problem with opencms installation. Importing modules in step 8 hangs

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Jul 26 02:53:48 CEST 2006

standix at post.cz schrieb:
> I have a problem with opencms installation. Everything is fine until step 8(importing modules) of the installation wizard. The wizard hangs and tomcat console shows some exceptions. Could anybody who has some experience with this problem help me? I have tried everything i found in this mailing list archive without success. I have spent a week trying to solve this problem and i already don't know what to do. Please help.
>
> i'm using:
>
> opencms 6.2.1
> tomcat 5.5.17
> mysql 5.0.22
> jdk 1.5.0_06
> Windows XP SP2

Hi,

I can imaggeine that this is frustrating, but it sounds very strange...

Have you checked the opencms logs for errors? The catalina logs don't
show everything?

Which module and action is it, where the error happens?

What is the state of your opencms application afterwards if you look at
the tomcat manager? Is opencms really stopped?

Regards
Christian