[opencms-dev] Problem with installation

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Jul 26 03:03:38 CEST 2006

vikas gupta schrieb:

> Hi List,
>

>    I have installed opencms 6.0.2 and it is working fine. But on
> shutdown my system Now It is not opening login page. following error
> occurs in browser:
>
> * description * The server encountered an internal error () that
> prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Have you created the database user that you gave to opencms?

Opencms does *NOT* create DB users for you. It will install the system
with the admin user (to create tables) and after install it will run
with the other user (because it's a better idea if the system uses a
user with lower permission for everyday work).

So check if your DB user exists.

Of course, if that is not the problem, then there might be trouble with
the DB being offline, wrong/old DB drivers or other stuff.

Regards
Christian