[opencms-dev] Fckeditor and my own styles CSS

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Jul 27 01:17:18 CEST 2006

Dear Andres,

> For example, this is something of its content:
>
> ---
>     <Style name="Custom Bold" element="span">
>         <Attribute name="style" value="font-weight: bold;" />
>     </Style>
> ---

this would create the following code, as soon as you assign the style:

In this example SELECTED_TEXT is, whatever text you have selected before
selecting the style. Of course using a centralized css file - like you
want to do it - is much better than adding the style properties directly.

> But, if I have a normal CSS file, with content like this:
>
> ---
> .Fecha {
>     font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px;
> color: #333333; font-weight: normal; padding-left: 8px;
>     }
> .Titulo_1 {
>     font-family: Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
> font-size: 20px; color:#EA3D46; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none;
> }
> ---
>
> How can I do to make the sentences with the XML structure?

If you want to point to a style of your stylesheet then of course your
stylesheet must be linked to your JSP template (the name of the CSS file
must be contained in the  "template"  property).

You also have to point to your CSS file in the <head> section  of your
html pages by using something like this:
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/path/to/style.css" />

then you add config entries like this to your style.css_styles.xml:
 <Style name="Fecha" element="span">
     <Attribute name="class" value=".Fecha" />
 </Style>

The HTML code that FCKeditor inserts will then be:

________

-OR- if you want to create a block element instead, then you could
  you could create a different tag, instead of span:
  for example a <div> or a <p>
  by using

   <Style name="Fecha" element="div"> ...
   <Style name="Fecha" element="p">  ...