[opencms-dev] Tomcat Crash

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 15:48:35 CEST 2006

It would seem there are a few unrelated errors in your log (I can see
from the time stamp that they are separated by hours of elapsed time).

I am guessing your referring to the first error. As the previous reply
said this is normal behaviour if there is an error in your JSP script.

Take a look at your JSP script and see if there is scope for a
NullPointerException. If it's not obvious, then look for the java file
that the JSP script gets compiled to. You will find it buried deep in
the Tomcat "work" folder. Use a text editor to view line 61 (the stack
trace indicated this is the line causing the exception). You'll
probably find that you are calling a method on some object that's
null. So you will need to add a check for null or surround the code
with a try / catch for NullPointerException.

Joe.