[opencms-dev] Problem while using template

Vikas Jain vikas.jain at daffodildb.com
Fri Jul 28 07:26:04 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I am creating a template in templates folder the code is:

<%@ page session="false" %>

<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>

<cms:editable />

<cms:template element="menu">

<cms:include file="../elements/menu"  element="body" editable="true" />

</cms:template>

<cms:template element="header">

<cms:include file="../elements/header" element="body" editable="true" />

</cms:template>

<cms:template element="footer">

<cms:include file="../elements/footer"  element="body" editable="true" />

</cms:template>

In the above codeheader,footer and menu are xmlpages having simple html
code.

I includes this three template elements on my index page like

    <cms:include property="template" element="header" />

    <cms:include property="template" element="menue" />

    <cms:include property="template" element="footer" />

When I run this code as offline then it works fine. My header menu and
footer all are editable and works properly.

But as online it display the content of header on all the three places where
I include the elements.

This is very urgent for me.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,