[opencms-dev] Many image galleries, how to optimalize this?

Martin Bednář bednar at triax.cz
Tue Aug 1 10:12:56 CEST 2006

Hello

We are using OpenCMS for eZine. Everyday we publish about 7 new
articles, nearly every article has image gallery.
Structure of folder looks like:
Category(folder)
-CategoryName(folder)
--ArticleName(folder)
---index.html(xml strucxtured content of article)
---images(image gallery)
--ArticleName2(folder)
---index.html(xml strucxtured content of article)
---images(image gallery)
.
.
.

so after few weeks when open ImageGallery window, I have in listbox
about 2 hundred items :(
How do I make it better ?

It will be nice if ImageGallery show images in subfolders too. It will
be solution becose I will have one imagegallery for every category and
in this image gallery I will have tha same hiearchy as folder hiearchy
of articles in category.

It's not possibble to have all images in one category, because there are
many users who wrote articles and hasn't same access rights. And to have
hundreds images in one image gallery is not so good solution in
myopinion, because finding the right image is very time consuming too,
and users are desorientend.

Tnx Bedy