[opencms-dev] maximum file size that OpenCms lets to Upload

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Aug 1 17:12:26 CEST 2006

Dear Maria,

from the side of opencms there is a switch in one of the xml files (I don't remember which one), but if I remember correctly, this flag is normally set to something like -1 bytes - meaning unlimited. For the Admin I am definitely sure that there is no limit for the upload size from the side of opencms, so if you cannot upload your files with the admin then the problem is probably with the database and not with opencms.

You might have to change the maximum network package size that your database accepts. For mysql there is a configuration parameter for this, which you have to set to something like this:

  set-variable=max_allowed_packet=64M

Christian