[opencms-dev] how to deploy my new website in another Tomcat

Joe Lam joe.lam at moni-media.net
Wed Aug 2 05:42:46 CEST 2006

I will face the same problem soon.
I always hear about "export module". but how about the content?

My scenario is:
1) installed opencms 6.2.2 in staging server (tomcat 5.0, mysql 5.0).
folder is /webapps/site
2) developed my own templates and new module under VFS /system/module folder
3) created my own site structure under VFS /sites/default  (which is
content)

The production server is running a tomcat 4.1 and mysql 4.0 with old
applications (which will be replaced by opencms).
We need to keep the production server up and running. thats why we need
a fast applications swap.

I wonder if it is possible to port the new opencms to another server by
just :
1) install tomcat 5 (coz I dont wanna mess with the old webapp folder)
2) *copy /webapps/site folder* from staging to production server's
/webapp folder
3) *copy the opencms database* from staging to production server
4) *add opencms user to mysql* in production server

Do you think it is do-able?

Thanks

Joe