[opencms-dev] example for login form/page sought

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 2 16:49:05 CEST 2006

I'm fiddling (without success) with the login form property.
Can anyone give me an example how to use it. What is meant by
"login form" ? Is it just the form that has to be supplied? or what is it?
Is it a JSP template?

My problem: I want to make certain resources only accessible by
logged in Webusers. So whenever that resource is invoked, a check should be
made whether a webuser is logged in and dependent on that either
a login screen or an appropriate "home page" of that web user should be
displayed.

Lets start with an example:

I have a navigation (folder): "Members" under which I have index.html.
index.html should have my main template, since it should appear in the
same shape as everything else.

So I give it the template "main_template". Now how can I protect
it with a login? I thought I add a login.jsp in the
"login form" property, but when I do that, nothing happens. I cannot see
any out.writes of my login.jsp not to mention any login form.

Any good example available?