[opencms-dev] View of Search Result in one line

Nacho Fernandez snatcho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:48:34 CEST 2006

Hello Maria. I forgot you original idea, but first you should learn how to
understand the exception messages so you could fix your code more
independently (specially when compilation errors occur, the easiest to fix).
In particular, your exception message is telling you:

Generated servlet error: org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkp
laceManager.C_SESSION_WORKPLACE_SETTINGS cannot be resolved ---> As any java
programming enviroment would tell you, there is no
"C_SESSION_WORKPLACE_SETTINGS" in class CmsWorkplaceManager. If you read
javadocs por CmsWorkplaceManager, you can read that that constant is simply
misspelled.

Generated servlet error: Void methods cannot return a value ---> You are
trying to return a value from a method that doesn't return values. Since
there's only one method in your code that tries to return a value, checking
javadocs again you can see you shouldn't try to return a value, you just
should call the method.

My recommendation is that you read javadocs about methods
CmsWorkplace.getSettings() and setSite(String) from class
CmsWorkplaceSettings. I hope this is helpful with your problem and with
future ones. Greetings,

Nacho.