[opencms-dev] Permissions howto

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 16:00:26 CEST 2006

Is there any documentation/howtos on the OpenCms permissions/access
control system? Despite having deployed several OpenCms projects I
still cannot make head nor sense of the permissions system.

For example how do I do the following:

UserA must be able to edit only /FolderA/... but read everything else
on the site.
UserB must be able to edit only /FolderB/... etc...

I would imagine this is one of the most common types of permissions
setup. I suspect there is 100 ways of doing this ... but if someone
can give me the details for just one method I'll figure out the rest.

Thanks,

Joe.