AW: AW: AW: [opencms-dev] Files with extension "rar"

Kai Schliemann k.schliemann at comundus.com
Mon Aug 7 15:41:56 CEST 2006

Hi Maria,

did you tell OpenCMS about the new mime-type, too?

To do so, do the following:
edit opencms-vfs.xml
find...
				<type class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeBinary" name="binary"
id="2">
					<mappings>
						<mapping suffix=".pdf" />
						<mapping suffix=".zip" />
						<mapping suffix=".class" />
						<mapping suffix=".ppt" />
						<mapping suffix=".doc" />
						<mapping suffix=".xls" />
					</mappings>
				</type>
...and add a mapping for .rar. Actually this is just to tell OpenCMS what
kind of file you use. But maybe OpenCMS sends the mime-type in the
html-header.

One more question. Do you have an Apache running which delivers your .rar
files? If so, you have to tell Apache about the new file type:
edit httpd.conf or .htaccess and add:
	AddType application/octet-stream .rar

HTH

Regards