[opencms-dev] problem with login opencms workplace

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 09:57:43 CEST 2006

Ok, I wonder if what is happening is that your had set the default workplace
language to Chinese for your user and then after erasing the module the
system is now trying to use the language that does not exist anymore (but
difficult to say since I don¡¯t really use any other locales than English on
the OpenCms workplace).

I assume this line is trying to read language properties file for your
workplace:

org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplaceMessages.collectModuleMessages(CmsWorkplac
eMessages.java:170)

However, since you have removed the translation module I am confused why you
get an encoding problem and not file cannot be found error. Maybe, what is
happening is that the workplace messages defaults to English language file
and then it is trying to use Chinese encoding with English file and messes
things up¡­

But unfortunately this is now just guess work ¨C anyone else would like to
guess what is going on?

Regards,

Olli

P.S. It might be worth checking the locale settings in
opencms-workplace.xml, so you don¡¯t have any Chinese left there.

   _____