[opencms-dev] some newbie questions

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky bofh at redwerk.com
Fri Aug 11 11:28:29 CEST 2006

Hello!

We are about to develop some custom modules to be included in OpenCMS. After
reading documentaion I learned a module is simply archive with pre-defined
folder structure, which contain JSP, HTML templates, styles, classess and
required resources. I'm not clear with few points:

1) How should I create module? Using OpenCMS? create a module and then export
it as ZIP file?

2) How should it be included in some pages? For example, we have a module with
votes. Vote can be included in some template. Is it done using some custom JSP
tag?

3) Where TLDs should be stored and how to include them into JSP pages?

4) We would like to use Spring framework and iBATIS. These framewords requires
to have some special settings in web.xml. I don't like the idea to modify
web.xml for entire OpenCMS application, may be it is possible to reuse some
other applications, deployed in different context?

That's all for now, if the questions are answered somewhere - please provide
some URLs etc.

Thanks in advance, I really hope somebody could help us with a suggestion!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky