[opencms-dev] Login a user not knowing the password [SSO]

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:34:30 CEST 2006

Hello,

I need to login a user not knowing her password.
I'm looking for something similar to the method
org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspLoginBean.login(java.lang.String userName,
java.lang.String password)
but without the password parameter.

The scenario is a Single Sign On (SSO) where an external application
opens a link to an OpenCms page with restricted access. The link URL
will contain some parameters to certify that the request is
authoritative and thrusted.

Is this possible with the existing OpenCms API ?
Or do I have to modify the CmsJspLoginBean source code (in this case
any help is greatly appreciated) ?

Thank you,
Alessandro Magnolo