[opencms-dev] opencms.log lags behind (not flushed)

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Aug 11 15:21:49 CEST 2006

I pronounced my suspicion before and now, if I'm not in a delirium and see
white mice, it happened again.

I got an Error 500 from opencms and see that my opencms.log is still
untouched (13:49). It was 15:17 a few minutes ago when it happenend.

So what I did was to stop tomcat and guess what happened? The
opencms.log got flushed and my error was in the log with a time stamp
of 15:17.

Is it really necessary to stop tomcat to get to the log of the
last error?