[opencms-dev] include mess in online project

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Aug 15 00:27:22 CEST 2006

Hi List,

I am working with a very simple template that includes several elements from another JSP file.

My template just looks like this

_______________
<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>
<cms:include property="template-elements" element="start" />
<cms:include property="template-elements" element="title" />
<cms:include property="template-elements" element="sectionnav" />
<cms:include property="template-elements" element="end" />
_______________

the template property is set to a JSP file called:
  /system/modules/com.berzinarchives.cms.internal/templates/berzinarchives-internal-main.jsp

Everything works fine in offline mode.

But if I switch to online mode then then the includes don't work anymore. Instead of getting four different elements included, I get the first element included four times (in this case my "start" element)!

If I take out the first <cms:include ...> tag then I get the element three times that is then first. So basically, any include but the first fails and just repeats the content of the first include, as soon as I'm in online mode.

Does anyone have the slightest idea why this could be the case?
Did anyone encounter sth. similar?

I'm on 6.2.1 with tomcat 5.5, mysql 4.0, Java 1.5.05

Any ideas would be highly appreciated
Christian