[opencms-dev] Securing the workspace with SSL

Jan Meier jan.meier at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Aug 15 10:42:27 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have a running OpenCms installation and I want to secure the workspace using
SSL. I thought about using  apache's mod_proxy and let apache handle the SSL
connection and forward the requests to tomcat.
Do I have to enable something special in the OpenCms configuration? In the
howto "Integrating OpenCms, Tomcat and the Apache webserver with mod_proxy"
shipped with the OpenCms installation is  written that I have to add "<secure
server="https://${SECURE_DOMAIN_NAME}"/>" to the configuration, but I have no
clue what it actually does. Does OpenCms generate absolute links
like "http://.." or why is this needed?

Regards
Jan