[opencms-dev] How to create a new news article

vasu dodda j2eecurator at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 16:07:27 CEST 2006

Hi Everybody,

I have some problem while creating a new news article using '+' button. I wrote a jsp file which get all news pages in the current folder. When jsp page is loaded it retrieves all
the news pages that are based on news_article structure content type. but the probllem is when I click on new icon I am not sure I should I write the code.

Currently my code works fine only for displaying by using following sentence.

<cms:contentload collector="allInFolderPriorityDateDesc" param="tests/|news_article" editable="true" >.. this code works fine but it can only retrieve the all files that are type
of news article. but when I try to add new page it shows some exception like 'tests already exists'. tests is my folder where I have all news pages(news1.html, news2.html,..news5.html)

After  having some research on Templateone I changed the code to following way.

<cms:contentload collector="${property.collector}" param="${property.tests}news_${number}.html|news_article" editable="true">

But I am getting errors like "for input string". I am not sure with what value the property.collector is substituted. I went through properties of jsp page and gave same properties that working
file has(templateone).

If anyone has knowledge pls share with me.

Thanks in Advance
Srini