[opencms-dev] Javascript menus

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Aug 16 22:35:45 CEST 2006

Dave Smith schrieb:
> There seem to have been a few vague questions about this subject recently
> and none of them seem to have been answered. Plus my boss wants
> something more fancy on our upcoming site.
>
> SO, I thought I would ask again but with clear questions:
>
> What CSS or javascript menus work well with opencms?
> Have people used 3rd party ones, the templateone menu or written their own?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave Smith

I wrote my own. But there is no such thing as good- or bad-working menus
for opencms. Opencms does not explicitly support menus, but you can of
course code any html/css/javascript you like

BTW. for the sake of standards-compliance: please use CSS dropdowns, not
hardcore javascript, if possible. A good example is "Suckerfish
dropdowns" on alistapart.com

regards
christian